1999 1800 challenger reverse cable

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reverse cable on my boat broke up by the handle. Is there a bracket or modifaction that I can put on so that this doesn't happen again? It broke on the brass sleeve part. Acting like it was in a bind to go into reverse, but even worse going forward. I unhooked the cable from the reverse gate, and they both moved very freely(falling down over the output). With this part being so hard to find now, and very expensive, what can I do "extra" to keep this from happening again?

Good luck. I know the reverse cable for my boat is discontinued. Have you tried riva or powersedge.com? They might be able to find one for you. If not, send me a PM and I can hook you up with some one that can make you a new one. By the way, how long is your cable end to end?

Yeah I think the challenger cable is still available, but I own a sporster 1800 and it is not. If your cable is close to the same length though, it would save me a lot of headache trying to find a new one.:hurray:

Don't think it'll work for me.... I'm looking for around 9 feet. Thanks though. How much were you asking? I got a friend with that same boat and he may be interested.

I bought it off ebay for $71, but you can still get them from the dealer for $125+, I'd like to get $71 plus shipping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back