1998 Sportster 1800 two-stroke oil to use (Rotax 717cc)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

trdehmer

I've been using the Amsoil 2-Stroke Injector oil in my Sportster. According to Amsoil, I could also run the Interceptor oil. Any one have any good/bad experience running the Interceptor oil? For some reason I was thinking I read somewhere that the 2-Stroke Injector oil was better recommended to use vs. the Interceptor?

I would only use the interceptor but for your engine you could save some money by just using the seadoo Mineral oil in the white bottle. I would never suggest using a dual rated TCW oil in a seadoo like the Amsoil synthetic injector.

Make sure you never mix two different oils whatever you do. You need to drain the tank, lines and change the oil filter to change oil brands.

As far as I know, only the Amsoil 2-Stroke Injector is all that’s been ever used. One local shop that repairs these said the 2-Stroke Injector is good, no power valves so the added detergents in the Interceptor isn’t needed?

Like I said I would never run a dual approved oil in a seadoo. Only API-TC. I would just run the seadoo mineral and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back