1998 sporter 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ejc1234

1998 sportser 1800

Hello I recently purchased a 98 sporter 1800 I replaced both starters on the twin engines. I was running full throttle when I noticed the starboard engine rpm up around 7000 while the port was running around 5800. please advise any suggestions.

thanks

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Carbs

Tha carbs may need cleaning.. I have a 98 too and my engines run about 500rpm apart and I can adjust with the throttle.. I would also check the cable to be sure it the carb is opening up all the way.. I plan on pulling mine after the season to rebuild... It runs great at the moment except for the
slight RPM difference...

I have the same boat and found that the left tach doesn't work all that well. I found that if I tap on it while it is any thing above idle it will usually read correctly. Usually I can just go off of the harmonics between the two engines to get rpms close. I am not willing to buy a new gauge for $250. Not saying that is what is wrong with your boat but.... just giving my 2cents. Also, clean your fuel filters.. all four of them. Two in carbs and two in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back