1998 Speedster Twin 787's

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
After having one engine replaced and most of the season being taken up with that job we got out on the water over the holiday. New engine wouldn't idle and existing engine seemed to be running ok until it died and now appears to be locked up. Trying to decide whether to invest any more time or money into this boat.

I need to remove the jet pump to determine if the motor or the jet pump is locked up. Haven't been able to find any how to videos on the net. The service manual here is for a 99 and it isn't clear either.

Can anyone point me to a video that will help with getting the jet pump disconnected so that I can determine what I'm looking at as far as repair?

Did you not pull the pump when you installed the new engine? The new motor has to be properly aligned. Also, I'm sure you rebuilt your carbs with new oem parts before running that new motor. Dont want to burn it up right off the bat

Did you not pull the pump when you installed the new engine? The new motor has to be properly aligned. Also, I'm sure you rebuilt your carbs with new oem parts before running that new motor. Dont want to burn it up right off the bat

I had the new engine installed by a shop thats three hours away. Yes they rebuilt the carb. I'm fairly mechanically inclined just not a seadoo mechanic. Not many around here. Just looking for a bit of help to determine if we have a locked up pump or motor. From there I'll decide if I want to part this boat out or repair it.

The pumps are fairly easy to remove. Take off the reverse bucket and all steering / VTS linkage. Then you can remove the 4 nuts securing the pump to the hull/shoe. Make sure to remove the cooling lines on inside of hull if the pump has thru hull fittings. I believe your model has a shoe though so no need for that step. Hopefully who ever worked on it last used the proper neoprene seal and not silicone/rtv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back