1998 Seadoo SPX floods with water even after carbon seal replaced

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenOstergrant

Hey everyone.
My 1998 SPX is still getting water inside. I replaced the carbon seal, the old one was really bad, and it still gets water in it. I’m not too sure where else water could come in. Water looks like it was slung everywhere in there so I’m really thinking that the carbon seal is still bad for some reason.
Also there are no deep holes in the hull.
Any thoughts? Thank you.

Have you put it on the water hose to determine if you have a cooling water leak?

If it is not a cooling system leak, did you replace the stainless steel hat and the accordion rubber boot when you replaced the carbon seal?

You can try putting water into the hull until up to the driveshaft on the trailer and see if it is leaking out then trace back to the source.

Yes and lift the front of the ski way high so you only fill the back section with water. No sense is getting the engine too wet if not needed.

I have a 99 SPX and on mine the water was coming out of a crack in the bottom of the lower part of the exhaust. Had that welded up and no more water inside. Possibly something to check also.

I have a 99 SPX and on mine the water was coming out of a crack in the bottom of the lower part of the exhaust. Had that welded up and no more water inside. Possibly something to check also.

All 3 of my 787 powered ski's needed this fixed. Incredibly common and sometimes difficult to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back