1998 seadoo speedster not Getting Fuel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

boatboss

I have a 1998 seadoo speedster 1600 with twin 110hp motors. The starboard engine is not sucking fuel from the tank. Yes the lines are fine, filter good, new fuel pump, I think we have a week pulse or suction but the engine compression is great at 165 and 170 in each cylender. If anyone can help please do

Pulse line.....

Well, lets start from the obvious source first, since you've gone over the preliminary things.

On the MAG carb, you'll see a nipple with a line on it that goes to the engine block. You seem to be aware of it, it's called the pulse line.

Well, there are 4 screws on that body housing. Remove those 4 screws and "gently" remove that housing to check the clear plastic diaphragm for damage. Also, the next plate you'll pull is the fuel pump check valves. There is also a small strainer basket in it, so be careful not to drop it. This is probably going to be where your problem is. Check that there is no trash and the the valves and diaphragm are all in good shape......:cheers:

speedster not getting fuel

On my engine the fuel pump is mounted on a bracket on the back of the engine and this is where the pulse line is. Is there another fuel pump on the carbs. The fuel is never making it to the first fuel pump. I will look for the 4 bolts on the block This must be the problem. Thanks

Be right back..........

I think your description is of another system. I'm going to go check your layout first, to make sure. I'll edit this post with in the next 15 minutes to let you know.........

This is what I love most about being a member in the forum, you never stop learning!....

Your right, your fuel pump is mounted seperatly from the carbs. This is the first time I've seen this design. Been working on these motors for over a year and it never ceases to amaze me when I see something new.

Sending PM...........

Here's a test. Since I have to assume the fuel pump is good, because it's new, check to see that your lines are connected correctly. Take off the return line back to the tank, from the pulse line pump. Turn the engine over, you should see fuel spitting out. If so, then put the line on and take the one off going to the carb. Turn the motor over. You should see fuel spitting out to the carb side. If you have no fuel at any of these locations, take off your pulse line from the pump and spin the engine over. With your thumb on the hose, you should feel a pulse pressure.

I've sent you PM, so keep me informed as to what you find out. I'm curious since finding out there is a different configuration in these fuel systems.......

Last edited by a moderator:
seadoo speedster fuel problem

We tested the pulse from the pulse line it should have 4 to 6" of preasure it only has 1/2" not good. so we narrowed it down to a crank case problem or a blown carb manifold gasket. We think its the carb gasket as we could feel a bit of air comming from the carb area. We will replace this gasket and see what happens. Will have gasket tomorrow and post results. If you have any other ideas.

check lines

i had a 97 sportster that had fuel problems. Upon investigating the lines i found that the fuel pump ran off a "vacum" type pump. The line running to the carbs i think had a hole burned into it causing me to lose suction and resulting in no fuel getting to the engine. Just look for holes in the line from the tank to the motor. thats what i did and i found the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back