1998 Seadoo Speedster boot tearing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just2chill

hello new here,
I have replaced PTO and shaft now the boot is tearing away and clamp still on shaft
Have any idea what might cause this

Attached

Attachments

• EE37F58B-8E01-48B1-87D9-AB9EBBF755EA.jpeg
    EE37F58B-8E01-48B1-87D9-AB9EBBF755EA.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 08196A96-9162-4805-B55A-411BC6C41CF0.jpeg
    08196A96-9162-4805-B55A-411BC6C41CF0.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 38
It’s flying super fast no stall 55 pulls two skiers
So has me confused as to why it would rip boots off
I forgot to mention I had just hose clamps on pto before it would just break those in two

That boot while mutilated, doesn't even resemble the original one, lol. Any pics of it before it got shredded? That should spin with the pto, very, very, weird.

I assume you meant to post pics of each pto?
I’m confused to why it tears away ! could it not be in alignment ? Yeah boot on the right side has flex tape around it with a zip tie on shaft but I clamped pto the (((thing))) lol !!new shaft new pto never touched Motor mounts so how could it not be in alignment ? One for sure is spinning one not hmm

The only way that can tear is if that shaft spins in the pto. I know it's new all new.

Heck, cut the boot off. Mark the pto and the shaft. Run it in the water and see if the lines move, they shouldn't obviously. If they do, pull it apart.

I’m confused to why it tears away ! could it not be in alignment ? Yeah boot on the right side has flex tape around it with a zip tie on shaft but I clamped pto the (((thing))) lol !!new shaft new pto never touched Motor mounts so how could it not be in alignment ? One for sure is spinning one not hmm

It’s a temporary fix so I can take out this weekend
The only way that can tear is if that shaft spins in the pto. I know it's new all new.

Heck, cut the boot off. Mark the pto and the shaft. Run it in the water and see if the lines move, they shouldn't obviously. If they do, pull it apart.
thanks for help

Marked it and did not move. Wondering what else could be causing boot to rip off . Alignment?

Attachments

• 48E8ED07-3C47-441E-B430-F9F29D9DD47B.jpeg
    48E8ED07-3C47-441E-B430-F9F29D9DD47B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
If the splines aren’t moving the only other option would be if it’s moving in and out from broken engine mounts, driveshaft bumpers missing or a pump issue.

If you have a good OEM boot and the correct clamps even the little movement from bad alignment at that location wouldn’t damage the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back