1998 Seadoo challenger Winterizing Not filling to bleed tube

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMLseadoo

Hey guys quick question here.
1998 Seadoo challenger 1800 with the dual 787 engines I believe.

Anyway drivers side engine is a text book case of winterizing. Clamp off the hoses, pour antifreeze in the top flush port, watch it fill up to the top of the bleed tube and release the clamps. Done.

The passenger engine will not take the antifreeze. It will fill all the way up to the top of the washout port and just sit there. I see no bubbles or antifreeze in the bleed tube. I always have to start this engine to get it to push the antifreeze out of the bleed tube. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Do I need to push some compressed air back into the bleed tube?

I sometimes get that
You could add some more head (force) by attaching a couple of feet of hose and a funnel
Then filling it higher
If that doesn't work blowing on the hose usually releases the air blockage

You can disconect the bleed hose and see if it drips out there, perhaps the blockage is in the bleed hose. Starting the engine shouldnt change anything since there is no water pump.

You know I just had the same thought about there not being any water pump. Maybe its like Jknightg said and I just need more pressure. With the engine running maybe the vibrations help shake out the air.

Look at the fill line, if it loops lite you can just shake the line and burp it. My speedster does the same thing, just a shake of the line and it's good to go.

I had the same issue on a 717. there was a blockage where the line came out the bottom. I rigged an adapter and attached a garden hose to the fitting where the antifreeze was supposed to come out the bottom/end of the loop. it eventually blew the blockage out (basically backwards). I then did the full flushing to see if I could get any residual crud out. after I was sure the engine was clean I then re-anti-freezed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back