1998 gsx limited seating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have the model 5625 so look at the wiring for that when your in 98 GSX manuals. They call it an "amplifier". I think I have been fine bypassing it in the past but hey if it ain't broke.......

I think you have the model 5625 so look at the wiring for that when your in 98 GSX manuals. They call it an "amplifier". I think I have been fine bypassing it in the past but hey if it ain't broke.......
So do you know what’s it for I mean if I bypass will it mess with anything

It was obviously part of the plan. I can't imagine things being better without it. I'm always swapping wiring around to try different things from different models so that's probably why I left it off mine.

It was obviously part of the plan. I can't imagine things being better without it. I'm always swapping wiring around to try different things from different models so that's probably why I left it off mine.
Thanks for all your help will try bypass tomorrow will let you know

No I think you probably have another issue. If your gauges wake up for 30 seconds when you press the start/stop button without the lanyard on but do not come on (or beep beep) when the key is put on then I would suspect a DESS issue of some kind.

No I think you probably have another issue. If your gauges wake up for 30 seconds when you press the start/stop button without the lanyard on but do not come on (or beep beep) when the key is put on then I would suspect a DESS issue of some kind.
It’s all new evertime I move the wires on that it makes the key work I’m going to take it out sun and see how long it works or if it just shuts straight off but I think it’s that amplifier

I had this probem on my GSX. Look at the connector where the DESS post connects to the MPEM, the pins aren't making a good connection. With a tiny screwdriver and small needle nose pliers I was able to tighten it up.

I had this probem on my GSX. Look at the connector where the DESS post connects to the MPEM, the pins aren't making a good connection. With a tiny screwdriver and small needle nose pliers I was able to tighten it up.
I wiggle it at the amplifier not the mpem

I wiggle it at the amplifier not the mpem

I don't understand where you are referencing. The DESS post has a 3 pin connector on it under the steering. Where is this amplfier? You described gauges lighting up with no lanyard pressing the start/ stop the wiggling wiring to get 2 beeps. I'd look at DESS post connections.

278 001 252 = Amplificator Housing Assembly.....no other mention of it anywhere in the shop manual though...that I can find?

I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting up with one of these devices. LOL but the conversation is interesting.

If you are moving a wire and all of a sudden something works.... that's a sure sign you have a wire or connector issue. Electrics can be a pain for sure. Good Luck.

It’s crazy what’s in it can you bypass
I don't know if you can bypass it....typically I would think manufacturer's don't just put stuff in if you don't really need it (excess stuff costs money after all)....BUT, with that said...try it......disconnect it, jumper the connector and see what happens (BUT CAVEAT EMPTOR - bad stuff can happen when you least expect it) OR something may not function as well as it should/could.

Judging by its name "amplification housing", attached to the DESS security system...I'd guess it is boosting the skis ability to see/read the DESS key perhaps....IDK for sure.

I don't know if you can bypass it....typically I would think manufacturer's don't just put stuff in if you don't really need it (excess stuff costs money after all)....BUT, with that said...try it......disconnect it, jumper the connector and see what happens (BUT CAVEAT EMPTOR - bad stuff can happen when you least expect it) OR something may not function as well as it should/could.

Judging by its name "amplification housing", attached to the DESS security system...I'd guess it is boosting the skis ability to see/read the DESS key perhaps....IDK for sure.
Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back