1998 GSX Limited Leaking?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

neumansmom

Hey everyone, I was hoping to get some clarification on what might be wrong with my 1998 GSX limited ( i believe it is the 951 dual carb motor). I just bought this ski at the beginning of the year, and out of the water it is fine, but after i took it out last weekend, i noticed a white grease was on the inside of the hull. It seemed that it overall was the after mix of the marine oil. I noticed that it was all inside the hull after i realized water was leaking through the drain o-rings. So i was hoping someone might help me isolate where exactly this could be leaking from and how to fix this.

So if anyone could inform me if this is common or any areas to check, I would greatly appreciate it !

Please note that i am very new to jet skis and the placement of all the internals is new to me. I have worked all around car motors, but jet skis are a new thing, so please note that while explaining where i should check.

Thank you! :)

Unfortunately... there are not common leak areas. But... look at the grommets on the bottom of the oil tank, and the boot around where the drive shaft goes into the PTO.

Hi, Just want to update if anyone else has/have had this problem, it is the oil tank that is the two piece. It leaks at the seam ( also is leaking on my 1997 GTX ) To repair it, i just used some acetone around the seam and used some glue that was resistive to oil and it works like a charm! Good luck!

I had a similar leak, but very slow.
It was the grommet on the bottom of the oil tank...the one with the 2 elbows. It was so loose that you could spin it easily, I bought a new one for about $6 and it's a nice tight fit, so no more leaking.

I used "SEALALL" glue, it's like $6 a bottle or something like that, i just bought a pair of gloves and right around the seam just put on the glue, it takes a few minutes to settle, and 6 hours to cure. It worked really well though, Make sure you use a lot though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back