1998 carb 951....what counterbalance shaft oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveDavisLP

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have the engine out of the GSX and was cleaning it up etc and was going to change the counterbalance oil. The manual says 40 mL of SAE 30 but I saw a post that SeaDoo supposedly started recommending to put 75/90 synthetic in it. Anyone wish to chime in?

Apparently you can use the Jet Pump oil. I went with the SAE 30. I replace mine every 10 hours, extreme yes, but it's a 951, it needs all the love it can get!

Apparently you can use the Jet Pump oil. I went with the SAE 30. I replace mine every 10 hours, extreme yes, but it's a 951, it needs all the love it can get!
Someone thought SeaDoo, after 1998, started using the Jet Pump oil but there was no follow-up discussion on it thus my post

Seadoo did in fact suggest 40mL gear oil in (whatever later) year, or synthetic jet pump oil.. I use Mobil 75-90

if you read the service manual . it says straight 30 weight for the carb version and jet pump oil for the di version i wonder if its because of the air pump on the di version

if you read the service manual . it says straight 30 weight for the carb version and jet pump oil for the di version i wonder if its because of the air pump on the di version
Correct but it is my understanding that SeaDoo later on started recommending putting pump oil in it. I doubt it matters either way as long as it is changed every 100 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back