1997 Spx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katzjetski

I am having a problem with my jet ski, It will run great until it has ran for atleast a few minutes in the water than all of a sudden it will kill on me, (like the cord came out) but it is still connected. I take the cord out and retry it and it will start again and do the same thing but maybe run for less time. I have changed the spark plugs the dealer has changed the MPEM and I have had both keys rekeyed for it. The dealer also checked the fuses and said they are good. ( they had also said the switch connector and beeper where mixed up and switched them back) They also said the generating coil was good. and they did have trouble rekeying it after the MPEM was installed. But managed to rekey both keys. Any other suggestions?

You may have a bad post or safety lanyard switch . Did they check that?

Does your engine beep right before it turns off, indicating an overheating alarm?

That suggests more that there is a problem in the DESS. Can be the post, or a short up to and including the mpem. You'll have to do some testing for continuity and see where there is a problem, and replace wires or parts from there.

Thanks for your help Joe, I am also thinking that when I would hold the lanyard onto post it would keep running and not kill on me if I was not holding it tight onto the post. I will test it some more this weekend.

Yeah then it definately sounds like a post problem. Let us know how it goes and if we can help more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back