1997 speedster bilge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the bilge is this year / model is automatic ? I can’t seem to find that info anywhere. I’m thinking it’s not auto.

I ask because I replaced my bilge with an aftermarket. At first I swore it was working automatically. And now it doesn’t any more. Only manually.

What I know is the auto feature works from those those 2 metal posts on the outside of the pump. Not part of the pump itself. So as long as I got a bilge pump that is the same type it should auto work right ? Or is there something in the oem pumps that enables the auto ?

When I replaced. I had to take out the old dead oem pump. Pull those little connectors off and basically bend them onto the new pumps wires. As the new pump came just bare wire. No plug.

I’m just curious here if anyone can help.

It should have an auto pump... but the switch could have gone bad. Look around where the pump was... and you may see a small bage/gray box with an aluminum bracket. That's the auto switch. If you don't see it... then it was removed by a previous owner,

Ya it does have that bracket ? That’s not really a switch thoug right. It’s like metal contacts that complete the circuit and it fires off ? I can’t see metal going bad lol. Unless there is another factor ?

Hu? The box houses the electrical parts that senses the water. If the box is gone... so is the auto switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back