1997 Seadoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherWWW

Recently bought a 97' GSI and on the way back to the boat ramp, it stalled for the first time when
I was full throttle. I restarted and went half throttle the rest of the way back.

I noticed their was two stroke oil that leaked in the Hull, and that the reservoir cap/hose in the hull was not fully on.
(this was converted to manually putting 2stroke oil mixture with gas myself)

I stored this for a few weeks, and went to start it yesterday, and there doesn't seem to be gas getting to the plugs....

I filled it with gas, to make sure that wasn't the issue, but could the oil reserve have anything to do with it not creating a correct vacuum?

Any suggestions would be helpful, want to ride it this weekend.

Hi, and welcome.

I'll try to help with info given.

Ill assume you are adding 40:1 oil to gas. The type of oil is important but that is another debate.
If this is true and you have NO oil going to a gear in the center of the motor. It could of gone bad but lets not assume the worst yet.

If the fuel lines are grey? You should change then ALL out and disassemble and clean carburetor.
Check compression to see its not below standard 150.

Follow big oil line from tank to bottom where it's clamped on?
Do you install a block off when you went with out injection system?

If all checks out and it still does not start or run it may be something inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back