1997 seadoo xp won't start, will start, backfires

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossk87

Hey guys, not sure how to create a new thread yet but I hope you can help me!! I have a 1997 seadoo xp (787 engine). I had it out on the lake once this year, tipped it after a long day and it stopped running... took it home dried it out, took the whole top half of the engine apart and replaced all the gaskets along with the cylinder head because the previous owner may have stored in incorrectly and it had a slight crack on the inside. Now that we have it all put that together it will not sun right. When it decides it wants to start it backfires at all rpm's. 1we will then shut it down and it wont start, put another set on new plugs in ( gapped them correctly and all that) and it fired right up and ran great for a few minutes so we killed it and let it sit for a minute or two and now we can't get it started again. I'm supposed to be taking it on a trip in two days and desperately need you input!! Any ideas on whats the problem could be?! Fuel, ignition, something else? I really appreciate the help, thanks in advance!!!

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back