1997 seadoo sti fuel cut

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsuarez1016

my 97 sea doo sti turns on runs idles starts up first try it idles fine when i open up the throttle build up speed but then dies out and sometimes shuts off but when it shuts off turn right back on im new to this so anything will help me :willy_nilly:

Most likely you should start with replacing all the gray fuel lines with new. Then clean the fuel filter and carbs. Mainly the filters inside the carbs. More times than not this is the problem. The gray fuel lines are breaking down and depositing the trash into your carbs.

I've never seen a Seadoo STI, but the GTI has a single carb and like the others say, clean that screen out in it, replace fuel lines and clean the fuel switch. While you are working on this, put a Fram G2 in-line filter in there about even with the oil line filter.

Kevin

i clean out the carbs and filter and got a little better but is still doing the same thing anything else it can be ?

plugs were the first thing i changed

no! you need to read the old plugs to tell how the engine is running, i.e if they are white / tan, the motor is running lean (really bad) and if they are greasy black , the motor is running rich, .............ideally you want a dark chocolate, slightly moist plug

no! you need to read the old plugs to tell how the engine is running, i.e if they are white / tan, the motor is running lean (really bad) and if they are greasy black , the motor is running rich, .............ideally you want a dark chocolate, slightly moist plug
shit i threw them away lmfao im gonna run it tomorrow for a little and see how they come out and let you know

It would seem that the carbs need tuned, i would look up the factory setting for your ski, and set the carbs to those specifications. or if your not familiar with the carbs on a 2 stroke rotax engine, you could take it to a professional and have him tune them. Thats what i did simply because the carburetors are the heart of these older skis , and when they are out of wack the whole ski runs like crap............the worst thing that you could do is adjust them to run lean , and blow your motor. Thats why i took miine to a pro.

It would seem that the carbs need tuned, i would look up the factory setting for your ski, and set the carbs to those specifications. or if your not familiar with the carbs on a 2 stroke rotax engine, you could take it to a professional and have him tune them. Thats what i did simply because the carburetors are the heart of these older skis , and when they are out of wack the whole ski runs like crap............the worst thing that you could do is adjust them to run lean , and blow your motor. Thats why i took miine to a pro.
how much is it to tune a carb roughly

depends on the shop you take it to.........i took mine to MJD powersports up here in ohio, and he charged me 175 to rebuild and tune the carbs ..............that includes making sure the pop off is in the right range and replacing all gaskets and needle valves.............but like i said , depends on where your at.

depends on the shop you take it to.........i took mine to MJD powersports up here in ohio, and he charged me 175 to rebuild and tune the carbs ..............that includes making sure the pop off is in the right range and replacing all gaskets and needle valves.............but like i said , depends on where your at.
shit down here in florida i just got an estimate and 350 for everything shit aint cheap

i took out to the lake and it idles fint but half way goes to die if i pull out the choke and give gass then let go of the choke it will pick up to full speed then die out

well i would recommend either learn how to tune those carbs perfectly , or just bite the bullet and take them to a pro. With the 2 stroke pwc , having healthy carbs is the key to a long living engine. yours are obviously out of wack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back