1997 Sea Doo GSI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisty

Hey guys quick question for the sea doo community :)

We recently went to look at another jet ski a 1997 GSI. It's really clean everything on it works and is functional on it, but the compression in each cylinder reads 120 for both. Which seems low. What do you guys think? Let me know!

Thanks

Its low and will probably need rebuild once you tear into top end.
No sense saving. A used crank will go after a new top end costing you more and more down time!

Its happened, yes!

What percent of the time would you say the crank will fail, after you redo the top end.....I just had the top end on my 97 xp done by a member on this forum, was told my crank looked great, with no play in it at all. I had 130 on each jug.....Rob.

What percent of the time would you say the crank will fail, after you redo the top end.....I just had the top end on my 97 xp done by a member on this forum, was told my crank looked great, with no play in it at all. I had 130 on each jug.....Rob.

Cant tell you.
Case by Case is different. 15 year old crank bearing usually weakest link.

What altitude you at? Maybe retry with another tester? How did you test it? Was the throttle wide open and did you crank til the gage read max pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back