1997 GSX: What are the buttons on the handlebar "console"?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a row of what could be 4 black buttons, but 2 of them are blanks. The center two have switches behind them, but the rubber switch pads are so faded you can't tell what they are for.

What are the two switches for in the middle of the panel. I've read the entire Users Manuel start to finish, twice and these buttons are not mentioned.

Been a couple of years now since i sold my last GSX those buttons are from memory for hour meter,speed, taco, etc... and reset

Been a couple of years now since i sold my last GSX those buttons are from memory for hour meter,speed, taco, etc... and reset

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking around all night and while I haven't found anything specific, it appears that they are the buttons used to control the output of whatever computer there is in the machine. Like toggling through menus. I read somewhere that the (I'm calling it a) "computer" records the number of hours of operation, which is something I'm real interested in knowing.

Mostly what I'd like to know is what reference/resource is available that gives a description of the (again I'll call it a) "HUD" (Heads-Up Display). I've read the Users manual, and the Service Manual, and the Specifications manual. What else is there? How did a new owner (in 1997) learn how to use his Seadoo?

I just picked up a mint 97 GTX last night. Here is a pic of the buttons for the info center.
137.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back