1997 GSI MPEM

Water Crafts
Two (2) 1997 GSI Sea Doos
One (1) 1994 GS Sea Doo
I need a MPEM for a 1997 GSI. I understand these were only made a couple of years and are hard to find. Anyone know where I might find a working unit? Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

GGuillot

Water Crafts
1997 GTX
1996 GSX
I need a MPEM for a 1997 GSI. I understand these were only made a couple of years and are hard to find. Anyone know where I might find a working unit? Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
You may have a time trying to find one, @cj3737 just went through this on his 97 GSI. He ended up doing a tedious repair to it that was sucessful, but not sure if your issue is the same.

cj3737

Water Crafts
1997 GSI
1997 GTS
1997 GS (Mini Resto)

Thanks, Jim
Dont think youll find a new one anywhere... Nick says this is the single most difficult MPEM to find.. There was one on ebay a while back but i havent seen it... What issues are you having?

Water Crafts
Two (2) 1997 GSI Sea Doos
One (1) 1994 GS Sea Doo
Dont think youll find a new one anywhere... Nick says this is the single most difficult MPEM to find.. There was one on ebay a while back but i havent seen it... What issues are you having?
I think you are right. They are hard to come by. My GSI suddenly died, just like the lanyard had been pulled.
My service guy says the computer is dead, but I'm thinking it might be the post. I have a second 97 GSI that is runs great, I think I'm going swap out the MPEM and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

Jim

mikidymac

Staff member
Water Crafts
2003 GTI
2001 XP
1997 GSX
1996 XP
1996 HX
1996 SPX
01' Superjet
Does it power up the gauges when you push the start button without the lanyard?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:12)

Adsense

Latest posts

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member