1997 Challenger 1800 - Shaft Out

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCabralFamily

Well I'm back with a Boat that just doesn't want to play nice in the water. I have two issue on the PS Engine / Propulsion. 1) The engine gets stuck at 4500 RPM, and won't seem to want to go past. Every once in awhile it will go and run beautifully, then when I stop and get back on it, bam! stuck at 4500 rpm again. Issue # 2) last week ran in for awhile, hoping to fix the 4500 rpm issue , then started to hear a metallic noise from eth same engine, and no propulsion. I went down and found the shaft had come free from the Crankshaft. Without folding myself in half, I was able to feel around a find a large nut loose , around the shaft. I tighten it up and ran for another 20 mins then came loose again. No what boggles me is that every parts chart I find, I cannot see this "nut". I have since pulled the pump housing off to inspect ad nothing jumps out. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thank You

Can you post any pics of the nut? In 97 Seadoo had a service bulletin for non slotted rave valves that would hang around your RPM. You can pull them and inspect them.. Also, when was the last time they were cleaned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back