1996 XP Refresh & Questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

twothxtrm

Hey guys! I'm working on a new to me 1996 refresh.... It would appear that there is a flush port already installed but seems to be on the exit side of the system. Can I use this port to flush or should I install on the intake side? Also, from the pics can you tell if someone reversed my flow? I read that this is common. From what I can tell the flow seems to be correct?

Also, I will need to replace the throttle cable, any tips or ticks that you guys might have?

Yes, fuel lines are on the list. Looks like the ones feeding the carbs have been replace and are behind a filter from the PO. I will go ahead and replace all. Black line of clear from Blowison?

IMG_6901.jpg
Cosmetic progress on the refresh...

IMG_6453.jpg
IMG_6598.jpg

That’s correct, you are actually back flushing the system in reverse when on the hose.

For fuel lines just standard black automotive 1/4”.

Yes, this is a backflush to dislodge debris while also keeping the engine from becoming too hot. Basically, the engine just needs to be kept full of water and the exhaust system wetted so temperatures don't rise above 212F/100C and cause heat damage.

I never have needed to run my engine for more than a few seconds thus I don't use a hose but then again I practically live on the ramp, not 100 miles up the road.

Hey guys! I'm working on a new to me 1996 refresh.... It would appear that there is a flush port already installed but seems to be on the exit side of the system. Can I use this port to flush or should I install on the intake side? Also, from the pics can you tell if someone reversed my flow? I read that this is common. From what I can tell the flow seems to be correct?

Also, I will need to replace the throttle cable, any tips or ticks that you guys might have?

Yes, fuel lines are on the list. Looks like the ones feeding the carbs have been replace and are behind a filter from the PO. I will go ahead and replace all. Black line of clear from Blowison?

View attachment 39531
Cosmetic progress on the refresh...

View attachment 39534
View attachment 39535

Awesome
Here’s mine IMG_5196.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back