1996 XP Performance Resto

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I just acquired a 1996 XP and thas BuckShot Carbs, a Factory Pipe, and R&D (trim plates??) If this system is set up properly would there be a significant performance gain from the ski? I have the parts to put 1996 XP 2019 C (1).JPEGeverything stock. How about some insight !!

On a side note, if I sell this ski nobody around my area would care about the performance parts. At least I don't think so.

Sure is a candidate for the SOFT SCRUB Trick. LOL I did clean it up a bit but it need lotta more love. :D1996 XP 2019 C (2).JPEG1996 XP 2019 C (3).JPEG1996 XP Carbs 2019.jpeg1996XP -2019.jpeg1996 XP 2019 RD Tabs.JPEG

Last edited:
Those are early PWC Graphics decals from Ratfink, you can just tell. How bout a lit pic up the pump? I'm very surprised to see stock sponsons on a ski like that.

Not knowing much about performance skis I wondered about the sponsons. They did look stock to me. :) i'll take a picture. If these parts require more maintenance than the stock stuff... I'll considering removing it. I wonder if this factory pipe set up will make my GTX faster than my wife's. I mentioned this to her and she said... "Keep dreamin". LOL She loves that her ski is faster than mine. The fact that she likes it so much... makes me want to leave mine alone. :D

Those are some nice carbs too. If you are not going to use the pipe and carbs you are much better off pulling them and selling separately.

Nice find! Personally, I prefer stock sponsons. I don't like the edgy arm-ripping sponsons. It's much more common for me to need the ski to slide, like when I do 360's, than it is for me to need tight handling.

Nice find! Personally, I prefer stock sponsons. I don't like the edgy arm-ripping sponsons. It's much more common for me to need the ski to slide, like when I do 360's, than it is for me to need tight handling.

I too like being able to hold on. :) Since I love motorcycles I like feeling the back end of the ski hook up and sort of... "back it in" to the corners. When I'm playing I like to keep it on the edge between cornering and cavitation. I don't want to high side though... that's an ugly way to dismount. Ha ha. So... I agree. I'm a finess' type of rider. :D

Awesome set of carbs. I just bought a set, although I've heard they have their issues. Does the ski run?

I found some aluminum rave pistons on ebay for $40. My old pastic ones kept melting, probably because the damn slots in the cylinder were worn out. Anyway, might want to consider snatching up a pair if you're going to be adding all these other goodies on it.

Awesome set of carbs. I just bought a set, although I've heard they have their issues. Does the ski run?

Gonna be another interesting trek for me. LOL I barely know anything about the stock skis. Ha ha. I have not tried to start the ski but it's been sitting. I am seriously considering make this ski a keeper. :) Matt says it has a good prop and nozzle as well. I have enough trouble hanging on to the stock XP. LOL

1996 XP Impeller  2019.JPG1996 XP Nozzle b 2019.JPG

Yes Miki... I have a sense for the time and money spent on the ski. I don't like the idea of parting it out either. I'm thinking this is going to be MY personal ski. :) All the difficult work is done. I just need to get everything working like it should.

Someone definitely spent some time building this ski. Clean it up good and do the maintenance then you’ll have an arm ripper

Well, I was going to fix this ski in the pictures above BUT !!!! I think just putting the performance parts on this one would be pretty cool and I could ride it this week !! The ski being painted is ready to go !!96 XP James Paint.jpeg96 XP Paint James shop (1).JPEG LET's COMPARE. Which one??1996 XP Clearner 2.JPEG1996 XP Cleaner.JPEG

Last edited:
I'd guess with all the performance parts the IMPELLER is probably an upgrade as well.

Yea, little dirty. It was little more dirty when I got it. LOL

I never saw a set of carbs like that up close but I'll be rebuilding them for sure. Not sure what's on there or not on there at present. That's the fun part :D :D 1996XP -2019.jpeg.

I've read recommendations on a butt gripping seat cover for this ski. Who makes the good one??

I was going to do a wild color on the dirty jet ski. I saw a wicked Lime Green metallic I really liked. It was a 3 stage paint and I probably really expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back