1996 XP Intake Grate Recommendations?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

motogotro

This may have been discussed already but I searched and did not find a thread so please don't beat me up too bad.

I have a 1996 XP with the 787 and a 2000 GS with the 720 and in most cases they are dead even in a drag race. I can tell from riding them both that the XP is considerably more powerful than the GS, the difference is that the GS stays hooked up all the time while the XP is out of the water about half the time. When I can get it to stay hooked up it will hit 60mph on the speedo and pull away from the GS but it's almost impossible to keep it hooked up for more than a few seconds. When it does come out of the water it hits the rev limited and kills the power for a split second so it's constantly accelerating and recovering....lol.

I'm wondering if maybe there is a better intake grate that might help with hook up without killing too much top speed? I see that there are a few aftermarket ones out there that all claim to be the best but if anyone has any recommendations based on actual experience I'd be interested in hearing about it.

An aftermarket grate will help but so will extended trim tabs and/or aftermarket sponsons. I have several options of each and you can text me tomorrow for pics and prices at (850)259-1581 if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back