1996 Seadoo XP problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nheff

I am looking at buying a 1996 Seadoo XP. The guy claims he had one of the reputable companies in my area do an inspection of the ski and said that it has throw a piston rod.

My question is how much would it be to fix this issue? Is a whole rebuild required? Or just a top end rebuild? I have replaced pistons is various other machines, would this be something that I could do myself? Time is not an issue but I have never worked on a watercraft. I think it could be a fun project.

His asking price is 500$ without a trailer. Says that it runs on the one cylinder also.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

A rod is a "Lower End" part.

It's a complete rebuild... and it may get even more expensive if the case isnt' usable. SO... unless you have an 800 Rotax engine sitting around... it's not worth the $500. I've found good running xp's for $1300 to $1800. It will cost you WAY more than that to buy a trailer, and an engine.

Walk away.

But the seller says it runs on 1 cylinder. You should still be able to spank all the Kawasaki 300 SX's out on the lake. LOL.

BTW: for those to young to remember the kawasaki 300 was a single cylinder.

Lol I do not believe I've seen a single cylinder pwc. I'd love to see one

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

yup I had that same one that mikidymac was talking about. slow as balls. although I was never much of a speed demon on the standups anyways lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back