1996 SEADOO XP NO START ONLY ODD STUFF WILL WORK

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherwin

I’m new to this whole jet ski thing and need some help. I have a 1996 seadoo xp that doesn’t beep when I put the key on but it does alow me to run the trim and the trim guage is the only one that will work. Also there is a slight click from the Electronic module when you hit the start button but nothing from the starter or the starter solenoid. I checked the key and post, the start button, the battery, the fuses, cleaned my ground connections and I tested the solenoid best I new how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I just swapped the mpem and the starter solenoid from another ski I bought for parts and everything is the same ecepet the indicator gauge's lights flicker when running the trim. somtimes they stay on for a little bit but then they turn off again. I should menshion everything i have menshiond works with the key on or off. Please give any ideas you have I just don't know what else to test or try out.

Ok I bought a new indicator gauage and it works as it should. I checked my solinoid and it is good. When i put the key on nothing happens. When i push the button there is a small click from up front and the guages turn on for a couple seconds then shut back of. If i push the button with the key off the same thing happens only the guages stay on for longer. I get no power to my exciter wire for the solenoid at any time. Also when i push the start button with key on it beeps one long then i take key of and push 5 times then beeps 1 short 1 long then i put the key back on nothing, push start button and get two short beeps. Then push again and get 1 long. Any ideas thanks.

Your post belongs in the 2-Stroke Forum
Also when i push the start button with key on it beeps one long then i take key of and push 5 times then beeps 1 short 1 long then i put the key back on nothing, push start button and get two short beeps. Then push again and get 1 long. Any ideas thanks.
This indicates that the MPEM can not read or recognize the key. If you switched the MPEM you need the key it was programmed for. Otherwise you may need to clean the key and the DESS post and check wiring connections to the DESS post. You will find those beep codes in the 96 shop manual in the electrical section 8 under DESS subsection 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back