1996 Seadoo XP 3 Beeps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman

Hi all,

I had my 1996 Seadoo XP out on the water about 4 weeks ago and it hasn't been back since. That day it was running great for the first 10 mins until I shut it down. It started again but ended up bogging down and quitting. Subsequent attempts to restart resulted in it starting just for a moment and then dying. I did this about 20 times just to propel myself back to shore. I stopped getting the 2 beeps. I have checked all fuses, 3 in the front and 2 in the back. I have checked and cleaned all grounds. I also still get the 33 second timer when pressing the start button with the key off with all gauges working. I ended up buying a new DESS post. I now get 1 beep. After going into advanced diagnostics mode, I get 3 beeps. The shop manual references this being a bad ground or short. Any advice on what to do next?

Start tracing the 3 wires from the post back to see if something is shorted out. Could be as simple as two chafed wires.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Update: Stator Static Test:

Female (yellow) to Female (yellow) = 3.5 ohms
Male (yellow) to Female (yellow) 4.0 ohms jumping to 30 ohms
Female (yellow) to Male (yellow) 10.5 ohms jumping to 30 ohms

Static Installation (ground) test read 0 ohms (infinity) for all 3 wires.

Am I looking at a new stator?

Was the above test on the engine side or the ebox side? Or did you just use the connectors inside the ebox to act as an umbilical cord? If so, you should remove the rectifier from the circuit before testing like that.

Yes, inside the ebox with connectors acting as umbilical cord. I had the 3 yellow and red unplugged from the rectifier when testing. Should I have completely pulled the rectifier out? I do have a rectifier on order since I thought it is probably time to replace regardless since it is 20 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back