1996 seadoo Gtx running on one cylinder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pekinkek

I have owned this jetski since new has a brand-new engine has at least 150 hours on it and at the end of the last season, it had stopped running. We didn't do anything about it because it was the end of the season so we packed it up for the winter. Today (April 22) we got it started and launched it, it ran fine for 25-15 minutes and suddenly stopped. (had to get towed back) I got it started out of the water but it sounded bad, and one cylinder was backfiring a bunch so I unplugged the front spark plug and it started but no backfiring, I did the same with the back one and it didn't even start. I would love some help on DIY-ing something so I don't need to spend 1,000 dollars at least.

Thank you in advance

Kelton henry

Pull each spark plug and ground them on the engine block and crank. You should see each one sparking. If one does not, I would first pull the wire out of the boot and trim it back 1/4 inch. Re-install and test again. If still nothing, replace the coil and wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back