1996 Sea Doo XP New Guy That Needs Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoyRider19

I posted on here earlier and got some great answers and things to try but I came home last night and worked on it. Little Change. So heres the problem:
The 1996 Seadoo XP idles great but when given throttle It bogs down bad... I have a youtube video but its pretty aweful quality. Sorry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKlFJyexa1w&feature=g-upl
Here's everything I have replaced....
Cleaned Carbs
Replaced All Fuel Lines
New Sparkplugs
Carb Cleaned all connecters in the front Hull (for the fuel lines and the reserve, on, off) etc.
New Battery
Cleaned Water/Fuel/Air Filters (I think I got them all.)
Checked and cleaned all RAVE Valves (Besides the one near the end, Has 3)
Compression Check (153 and 155)

Heres how it runs. It starting bogging down when i gave it a little throttle and seemed to clear up when I gunned it. Last time I had it out It ran for a minute then wouldnt do anything but bog. Put it on reverse and it ran again for a bit. back on gas a barely pulled the trigger until it got wide open. it worked half the time. Im new and this is my second ski and by far my favorite. I just need it fixed. please help guys! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my bad I try to give it throttle half way in... right before it lags.

When I bought this jet ski it had never really been used. No Dings or scratches. Just added in exaust that the guy did. But it still had those gray lines and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back