1996 GTX - Low RPM (5,400) on Takeoff

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gtxnoclue

Recently we've noticed that our 1996 Seadoo GTX has lost power on takeoff (and during hole shots). From memory, it seems like when we used to gun it to get on plane it would immediately reach ~7,000 RPM coming out of the hole. Nowadays, 9 times out of 10 it will start off at ~5,400 RPM then slowly climb to about 6,500 RPM. Occasionally it will act normally (but not often). It's even worse when under load. When trying to pull a tube it takes forever to get on plane. Wondered if someone can point me in the right direction. Some background:

* Fuel lines were changed several years ago (no more grey lines)
* Tried fuel selector on reserve
* Cleaned the Rave valves
* Replaced the voltage rectifier. It slowly crept up to ~13.4V at ~5,500 RPM at the battery - thought it might be a little low. The new rectifier didn't make a difference in performance (although I never did check the voltage at 5,500 RPM again since there was no change).
* Wear ring looks good
* Changed out the jet pump oil (old oil looked fine)
* Over the last 2 years of so, due to other symptoms, I replaced a broken pickup coil & relay (I believe its called a "holder relay" in the front electrical box?). Both times, the Seadoo ran great after fixing each of these items.

None of the items above improved performance. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

i'm no expert , just learning but i think most of the experts here would say check compression. and make sure Bobby Di nero isnt hanging on to the bottom of your craft.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back