1996 gtx 787 oil pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisd1234

I am trying to adjust my oil pump after frying pto piston if anyone could steer me in the right direction from a picture it would be greatly appreciated thank you IMG_0895.JPG

You’ve got the cable way too tight if that is idle. As you back the nut off, you will see a line on the pump body itself, that’s where you want to line the arm up.

I am trying to adjust my oil pump after frying pto piston if anyone could steer me in the right direction

Adjusting the oil pump isn't going to be enough. If you fried the PTO piston I'd tear into the carbs and have a look, rebuild them with OEM kits if it's been a while. To be safe, I'd have that HS needle set to 1/2 turn out to richen it up a little. That was a change from Seadoo on the carbs settings in 1997.

As Gguillot said, it takes fuel to actually distribute the oil and cool the engine parts. Most seizures are from a lack of fuel not oil.

Mikidymac- along those lines, I'm not clear on where the oil flow/volume is adjusted.
Would it be at the pump cam or where the two smaller tubings that terminate under the carbs?
Or, is there more than one place to adjust?

(1997 challenger 1800 w/ dual 787's)
My reason for asking,and my concern is 2 prong...
1- plugs seem much cleaner/dryer than normal....and
2- concern that I do not see any exhaust smoke that I've seen in the past.... with this boat and my 96 GTX.
I've had my share of motors seized by the lack of oil by pump failure.
So, shouldn't I have some appearance of exhaust smoke and some fouling of the plugs to feel confident that oil is actually being injected properly to avoid any possible damage?
Hope this made sense?
Any thoughts?
Thanks...jmconcord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back