1996 gti winterize question.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky68

I know this is probably beat to death but just need to make sure done right. Disconnect the inlet hose at head, hook up another hose with funnel, then start ski and poor antifreeze in? Do I need to pinch hose on the outlet of head or anywhere else? Thanks guys.

You could pinch the outlet hose just to be sure all the antifreeze goes into the engine.

Is putting in the antifreeze only if you store the doo outside? I store mine in the garage and just fog the engine and use fuel stabalizer.

You only need to do the antifreeze if the area you keep the ski freezes. Here in California we only get a couple days at 31 degrees and I have never winterized anything.

I poured the antifreeze in the funnel first then started the ski and flushed it out. That shouldn't make a difference? It started a little harder I suppose because I put antifreeze in first.

I filled till funnel half full then started it. I had antifreeze coming out the back. I ran it till nothing left in funnel then reved it up alittle to push more out. When I removed the hose and funnel I had some antifreeze come out, then I reconnected the inlet hose. It started fine when I went to fog it. I just want to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Maybe I'll hook battery back up and start it up and see if I can get any more out. Isn't the official way the owners manual want u to do is fill it up with antifreeze?

I probably put a qt in before starting. I did my gti and gts and used about 2/3 of a gallon. I added a little more after I started each ski.

You should be fine with only a quart. In the future never add anything or have the hose on if the engine isn’t running.

Like i said, it started right up when i went to fog it and nothing else was coming out of the exhaust or drain so i'm thinking it should be all out or could there be some left in. WHat damage could i have done?

I wouldn’t worry about it. If you put a gallon in you could have filled the exhaust then the cylinders. The cylinders and crank would rust.

At a quart you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

Put battery back in and it started right up. I keep it in my heated garage so I'll just fog it and put it back in the corner. I feel a little better that I didn't get anything in the crankcase.

What's the easiest way to fog it. Should I take the air filter cover and air filter off and fog it, or just take the rubber plug off the top of the air box and just spray into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back