1996 GTI - What screw do I need, it fell out?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

blantona

Had a great weekend with my two 96' GTI's. However, one of them started bogging and surgeing towards the end of the weekend. At first I thought it was the old Grey fuel line issues, which I have already ordered hose and clamps and had that on my list of things to do, but I figured I'd be good because neither of my skis had bogged before....

I noticed too that the choke cable and throttle didn't feel right, so upon further inspection found that I'd lost a screw that holds the bracket on to the carb under the air box that the choke and throttle cable are fastened to. Now I have no idea what size screw I need to put back and why it came out. It seems that there are four screws on that side and I found that another one there was loose too so gas was leaking out in to the hull.

Does anybody know what size screw I need and what I need to do to keep it tight? Do I use locktite or anti seize on it? I could take it back to the mechanic that put a new nut to hold my choke cable in the dash, but I'd rather just fix it myself and get it right. I suspect that's why it was lost because he didn't tighten it back the right way.

In theory it should still be in the hull, but I can't find it at all. Thanks for a great forum.

they are 6mm... and since it's on the pump... it probably needs to be 20mm long. BUT... if you have loose carb screws... there can be other issues.

I'll get an exact length for you, once I get to my shop this morning.

If you have 2 of them, can't you look at the other ski to find what you need? That's the advantage of having a Pair of the ski's, using the other to reference in a situation like this! Just take a look at the bracket & Screws from the other and I Always use Blue Loctite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back