1996 gti charging at 12.5 volts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

monaman

good day to all , I have a problem with both my gtis matching skis down to the same problem . I got the 2 skis on a trailer for what i though was a good price 3k they both have the bat lite on ,with the ski running at apx 3500 rpms and a meeter at the bat it read 12.5 volts , new bat,then new voltage reg. still 12.5 . From what i have read it is probly the stator , looking at the manuel there are 2 coils 1 the charging coil at 50 to 60 and the lighting coil at 140 or the whole thing in the 300 range . My question is can i just change the charging coil ,or is not worth the added effort and is it best to chang the hole assembly . I will have to do this to both skis . last year i put a new topend on onr and at that time got a ststor off ebay . or is there another problem that could be causing this . Any help is appreciated I am out of patience thanks:ack:

Personally, I would replace the complete stator. If you choose to only replace the coil keep in mind that it is the "LIGHTING COIL" that charges the battery. The "CHARGING COIL" is for the ignition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back