1996 GSX Gauge Replace/Hood Removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyed

I need to change the gauge on my '96 GSX. I think that splitting the hood would be easiest, but it doesn't appear to come apart. Does anyone know how to split the hood? Thank you!

I haven't done it myself, but from the manual it shows 2 screws holding it together from the bottom. It isn't the best picture as it is a black and white drawing. I hope someone who has done it will chime in. I'll keep looking in the manual for better idea on splitting it for you in mean while.

Karl

I also have a 96 GSX and posted the same question on 3/20. I got some good feedback but I haven't gotten around to removing the gauge yet. When I do I'll post (hopefully within a couple of weeks). Please do the same if you get around to it before me. I know the small cover with the GSX logo won't get you anywhere(except broken mounting tabs) :ack:

I give it a better peek and see what I can come up with tomorrow. With all the active members here I thought one of the 96 GSX owners would have chimed in by now.

Karl

I finally got the old gauge out through the hole it sits in. It was a pain to get all of the wiring out of the small hole in the base of the hood. The hood does not come apart, or at least I couldn't figure it out. I got it out just to find the one I bought on e-bay was not the right one.........

When you put the wires back in the small hole ...use silicone spray to help them slide.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back