1996 Challenger oil level sensor check valve

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjbjam

1996 Challenger model 5896

My problem is that several hours after running my boat several ounces of oil leaks out the check valve located on the top of the oil level sensor. I have not noticed any leakage while the engine is running or immediately after it is shut down. Th oil tank is not over filled. Is the remedy to simply change out the check valve or could there be another issue.

Thanks,

Stephen

It might be the grommet that seals the oil lines in the tank. The "parts" link at the top of the page might have a cheap replacement.

Karl

Thanks Karl.

The grommets actually seem ok, no fresh oil there. It appears the oil actually puked out all at once from the little plastic check valve just above the oil level sensor, fresh oil on top of tank running down into bilge. Does not leak again until the motor is run and shut off for about 3 to 4 hours. Oil level sensor into tank is also clear of fresh oil.

Thanks,

Stephen

sounds like to much pressure build up in the oil tank. is there any kind of vent? oil cap? check valve? just a thought!!!!:)

Oil Level Sensor Check Valve

My 99 Sportster 1800 was doing the same thing. Replaced the check valve (two minute job) and it has been fine since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back