1996 and 1995 XP Oil Injector - Added Videos to see if I adjusted properly

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shattered00

Hello all,

I am in the process of trying to line up the oil injector pump. I understand that I need to set the idle screw first. I do not have a tachometer, and am trying to get an idea of how exactly to adjust the idle screw prior to where it will run around 3000rpm out of the water (just in the neighborhood) so I can fine tune it when on the lake for 1100rpm. If I screw it all the way in towards the carb, any idea about how many turns I would back it out to be in the ballpark? I could not find anything in the manual other than for the low adjuster and the high adjuster.

Speaking of the low adjuster, the manual says 1 turn, but I have found several posts on this forum in which knowledgeable people have said 1.5. Just wanted to confirm that 1 is correct per my non-oem manual?

Once I have the idle screw set, I have a question regarding the setting of the oil injector alignment. I have not messed with the bleed screw so I will leave it alone for now. My question is, when I line the notches up in the below picture (not my photo), is this WITH or WITHOUT the throttle depressed? Thank you much.

Recap:

1) Number of idle screw turns from all the way in to backing out to get into approximate appropriate setting?
2) Low speed adjuster with stock configuration - 1 or 1.5?
3) Oil injector notch alignment done with or without throttle depressed?

Thank you

Attachments

• Oil Injector.jpg
    Oil Injector.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 21
The marks are lined up when it's at an idle.

I start the low needles can start at 1 out from closed but after fine tuning I usually end up at about 1 1/4 out.

For a good starting point on the mechanical idle adjustment unscrew the idle adjuster until you don't see the throttle linkage moving anymore then screw it back in 3/4 to 1 turn. You can dial it in from there once you start the engine.

It’s a tight squeeze, but you can get your fingers down just enough to make the idle adjustments with the airbox on too... It’s not fun, but it’s best to do while everything is in place.

I just did this on the 96' GSX, so it's fresh on my mind, sync carbs to where the throttle plates are laying flat and the idle screw is backed out and barely touching. Then 2 turns in on the idle screw and align the little marks on the oil pump. Crank up and fine tune, I was about 100 rpm too high in the water, about 1600 RPM, I backed the screw out just a tad to get 1500 in the water. Oil pump marks still look lined up when I checked it.

Thank you for the feedback. I can't see one of the notches on my oil injector on the 1996 XP. From y'alls keen eyes, does this appear to line up?

Video link below.

I also checked the 1995 XP to be on the safe side and can't see any notches from the video using my phone. Are y'all able to see anything and determine if it appears good to go? Video link below.

Hoping to have both of these out for Memorial Day Weekend. Thanks again for all the tips.

Well the lines aren’t easy to see on either of your pumps. The 96 looks like it’s dead on to me, but I can’t tell for sure on the 95. It looks like it’s in the ballpark, but I can’t quite make out the line... It might be worth taking a white paint pen and seeing if you can clean the pump up enough to see better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back