1996 787 GTX CARB popoff questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane0524

While doing my popoff test after a carb rebuild, the arm and needle tends to stick after popping. Is this normal? Also what holes need to be plugged? It seems that when I first started doing the Testing, I had the pulse , pump return plugged, and I had air going in the pump inlet. But after running a few tests with wd40 for sealing purposes, I now have the air flowing freely out of the bottom hose nipple? (the one shown not plugged in pic) Is this supposed to happen or is some thing not right? When I plug them all up it pops at the right pressure, but it will sometimes sticks. Please let me know if my setup looks correct. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Shane, the pic isn't showing..

By sticking you are saying needle sticks open and thus would bleed fuel if it was running?

Rob

yes it is a brand new needle and seat and sometimes when it pops open really fast it will stick open

it won't let me add photos

While doing my popoff test after a carb rebuild, the arm and needle tends to stick after popping. Is this normal? Also what holes need to be plugged? It seems that when I first started doing the Testing, I had the pulse , pump return plugged, and I had air going in the pump inlet. But after running a few tests with wd40 for sealing purposes, I now have the air flowing freely out of the bottom hose nipple? (the one shown not plugged in pic) Is this supposed to happen or is some thing not right? When I plug them all up it pops at the right pressure, but it will sometimes sticks. Please let me know if my setup looks correct. thanks

I would send waterluver a pm he is the MEGA on carbs rebuilds

Shane, I sent you a PM with my email. Email me the pix and i will get them on this thread.

Rob

yes it is a brand new needle and seat and sometimes when it pops open really fast it will stick open

it won't let me add photos

Yuh!
Since I'm on topic of pix and web hosting on that other thread, you can embed that vid like this:

[video=youtube_share;moJkKatZ0A0]http://youtu.be/moJkKatZ0A0?list=PLTlkdGibArx1us1920RguJbeVKU3Bq_O a[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back