1995 xp 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssmith414

I took my 95 xp 787 out to the lake today and it died while going out of the no wake zone so we turned it sideways started it up and cleared it out. Then it ran pretty good but it would bog at high speed just for moment but then come back strong. Then we made the mistake the of turning it off to eat lunch. It never ran the same again. As soon as you turned it on and put it to full throttle it would run for a second then die. It seems like it is running to rich. Like it is getting to much fuel to handle at one time. We just rebuilt the carbs and fuel pump. Thank you for your help.

It was in storage for two years the previous owner said. Are there any common problems that occur after being in storage a long time?

when you did your carbs did you check the adjustments on the hs and ls?

fuel lines prob need to be replaced, and selector/filters prob need cleaning too. Doing a carb rebuild won't help much if there is crap in your lines, it would just go right back into them

download a manual, should have the factory settings in there...i'm sure someone on here knows them too, the 96's are hs 0 and ls 1 to 1 1/4 but i really doubt they are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back