1995 SPX FUEL ISSUE!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecey04

Hey guys! So I’ve had my seadoo SPX for a few years now and it used to run great! Unfortunately it hasn’t been used in around 2 years as it had some problems towards the end.
It would start up fine and sound great on the trailer but as soon as we got it in the water it would bog down and only move at walking pace.
The last few days we’ve taken the carby apart and cleaned it and also now replaced the fuel lines to get rid of the green goo. Haven’t replaced the fuel selector valve yet but will get to it ASAP!

Now that we’ve got it running it doesn’t idle properly, it starts out normal and then gradually gets higher RPM the longer we leave it running

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Did you pressure test the carbs when you had them apart? I had a similar issue the first time I rebuilt the carbs on one of my Speedster motors, and found that one carb was not holding pressure as well as the other. I would also make sure you used genuine Mikuni rebuild kits, as anything else is junk and will give you nothing more than a headache...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back