1995 speedster wearing ring not seated

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttompetty

i bought a 95 seadoo speedster a month ago,, took it in the water once for couple hours,, starbpard engine died and hobbled back on one engine,, had carbs rebuilt by hopefully experienced mechanic (not alot pwc mechanics in my area).
went out today sunday and boat wouldnt gain any speed. also starboard water pump inspection pee hole would only stream water at full throttle,, engine overheated by the time i got back,,
got it home, cleaned small amount of debris from intake grate... flushed and saw water coming from pee hole finally..
QUESTION IS.. when i was inspecting the jets i noticed the port jet assembly is different then the starboard.. looks like a replacement.. port jet assmbly is plastic while the starbpard side is metal.. also notice port side looked alittle longer, maybee, maybee not, didnt measure
but the WEAR RING in the port side seems to have moved back towards the hull.. there is probably 1/2 inch gap between the wear ring and the jet assembly.. the starboard side the wearing is booted up nice and tight.. how is it possible this moved?
more info,, when i bought the boat the port driveshaft seal and thru hull i had to replace myself.. i didnt have any left over parts and i even bought a new foam seal from local parts dealer,, whats up with the wear ring, any suggestions?
sorry for all the extra info but i have a feeling ill be asking alot of questions as i work on this boat myself.. i am an experienced auto/truck mechanic but def newbie jet boat mechanic,, i do have the downloaded shop manual and operators manual..
i am going to try and operate the boat again in the orning now that i have the cooling system clean and hopefully the little bit of debris in the grate is what caused my low performance

Welcome to the Forum Tom. Debris in the grate will cause the boat to not have propulsion. In regards to your question about the 2 jet drives and wear rings, it may be easier for folks to assist you if you could include photos. Also, there is a 2-stroke boat section of the forum where this would be more appropriate

Welcome to the Forum Tom. Debris in the grate will cause the boat to not have propulsion. In regards to your question about the 2 jet drives and wear rings, it may be easier for folks to assist you if you could include photos. Also, there is a 2-stroke boat section of the forum where this would be more appropriate

ok thanks, i will try and find the 2 stroke section of the forums,. i will also take picstures this morning if its possible to see the gap in the wear ring, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back