1995 Seadoo XP Starting Problem Please Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xprider

Hi everyone not sure what topic to post this in so sorry for the double post.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on a starting problem I am having with my 1995 Seadoo XP. I do not know to much about seadoo so any help would be greatly appreciated

I took the XP out last weekend and it seemed to have a few problems

1 - When trying to get it to start you need to pump on the throttle a bit and hold the starter button down and this seems to be draining the battery fast. Any suggestions? Also sometimes when you give it full throttle it does not go, if you let the throttle in and out a few times it grabs and goes Any suggestions?

2 - It ran ok for about 2 hours then died on me, now it only clicks when trying to start it will not turn over just makes a clicking noise, the clicking seems to be coming from the solenoid in the electrical box could this be a bad solenoid? Or possibly something else?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

for the first problem, it sounds like you have a bad fuel/air ratio mix. Read your plugs.

For the second, it may just have been a result of cranking the engine too much and it never charged back up fully. Test the battery, charge it, and let us know the results.

so I charged the battery it shows full charge I put it back in but still same problem just clicks no turnover. I also checked to make sure ground is good and all cables are good also checked fuses everything is ok any other suggestions?

Thanks

Check the hose from the bottom end of the engine to the carb.
This draws fuel into the carb useing back preasure while the engine is cranked over.
If its split or loose it wont do the job.
A blown gasket on the bottom end, and a damaged crank seal will give the same problems.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back