1995 seadoo speedster reverse fuction quaity

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmantony

I have a 1995 speedster and the reverse kind of works. I like to hear from people who have this boat or has own this boat. on how well the reverse worked on there boat. It seem that the one jet pump sportster work better. This one works somewhat but not good Please note all checks with reverse gates, cables locks all check out OK. Boat runs fine.

Jet boat reverse on the earlier boats is not really great. My speedster is the same. Just have to make the best of what it is.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

The single engine boats are better mannered at the helm when using the reverse bucket, the engine and pump are at a lower point in the center of the hull and the transom responds faster to corrections at the wheel.

Everything that matters in a jet hull and pump is designed to make it go forward and turn sharply, the reverse function is just one step ahead of a push pole on it's best day.

Next time you want the transom to back to starboard in reverse, put the wheel hard to port and reverse the port pump bucket and leave the starboard in neutral and use as much throttle as needed to get it moving the direction you want it to. Reverse procedure when you want the transom to back to port, put the wheel hard over to starboard, reverse the starboard pump bucket and leave the port in neutral by using a single pump with more rpm's on a twin you're sending one concentrated stream of water up under the hull pulling the outside edge of the transom in the direction of the turn instead of two of them crossing paths under the hull.

It takes a little practice to get good at it, and defies the backing procedure one may be familiar with piloting any twin screw propped I/O or inboard but works better for getting a twin jet boat to back up faster to one side or the other especially if winds or current are a factor when leaving a launch dock.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to mod the reverse gates inside shape. if you look at the later models jet boats you will see that the inside shape of the gate look like an booty or but. ( like a person rear). I think that's help the water flow hit the gate than reverse the flow to the front of the boat. I know that I don't have to, but I'm one of those crazy engineer for 40 years that just believe anything can work if you try. Thanks again
Also I let you guys know what happens

Is yours the twin or single?
On my twin, the buckets have a metal plate installed on the inside to block flow to the center of the boat.

I have a 99 speedster..reverse is horrible. Just stops me..kinda spins me slowly also backwards.

I have a 95 speedster and my reverse is useless also. First time out a few years back I lightly bumped a really nice bass boat at the dock next to me because I wasn't used to it. Now I have a system and leaving the dock is second nature but yep reverse on these boats sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am new to the jet boat thing. I am having issues with the reverse with this boat. When I shift the lever to reverse, the gate drops a little further down from the neutral position and is at the stops. In the water, it feels like I am still in neutral. The engines rev but I don't move backwards hardly at all.

Is this normal? Its almost like having no reverse on this boat.

Any ideas on what I should be checking?

I have a 96 Seedoo Speedster Twin 85Hp Motor

This does not seem right. What's the purpose of a reverse gate if reverse does not work? Is there a way to modify or adjust this?

Nope unfortunately you are stuck with it, they are just a bad design in my opinion but after a few times out you will get used to it my advice is go out in the lake were nobody is around and just practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey does anyone know the last year they made an twin engine speedster and if so can some one provide a picture of the reverse gate. Only if the reverse work on that model. I'm looking to mod mine and if it works I will post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back