1995 seadoo hx siezed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bloom2009

Ok. So my buddy gave me a 1995 seadoo hx that was sitting outside for three years. I have fixed about 3 different things that were wrong with it. I had to buy a knew starter because it was so rusted it would not move but now their is a bigger problem. The motor is siezed and i dont know what to do. I have taken the motor out of the hull and taken the head cap off of the head to take a look at the pistons. So much rust was in there i couldnt even tell where the piston ended and the wall began. I sprayed some pb blaster penetrating oil and let it sit for about a week, but no improvements. I took the 4 bolts that hold each head out to take the head off (broke one or two bolts off i dont remember) but the head will not budge. You can literaly pick up the engine by the heads and they wont budge. So my question is....how can i take the heads off when the engine is so siezed? I cant find any pry-points but even if i could i doubt they would help. Also is their mutch of a bottom end in these types of engines and do they require any type of oil in them, besides the fact that it is a 2 stroke? I have never rebuilt a seadoo engine before but i am mechanicly inclined.

Seized HX

The crankcase on 720 HX has no oil bath under the pistons, Oil bath is only present in sealed center of crankcase which houses the rotary valve. As far as removing pistons and cylinders from bottom of engine, thats going to be tuff as the rings and pistons are probably rusted to cylinder walls. The PB blaster you used might help. Have you tried to break the pistons free from cylinder walls using force and/or heat? Its not as if you have to worry about damaging pistons or crank as everything is going to have to be replaced. Once pistons are not seized, you might have to use soft faced hammer on side of cylinder to loosen from crankcase, but don't pound too hard as you could break/crack the cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back