1995 Seadoo GTX 1997 Seadoo GTS carburator rebuilds beleive what they say...!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastboyslim50

1995 Seadoo GTX 1997 Seadoo GTS carburator rebuilds Dont beleive wht they say...!!!

If you buy a ski don't take anything to heart from previous owner he told me he had just rebuilt carbs year before so I spent last two years owning this ski replacing all lines and fixing problems while dealing with it not running properly i was in denial that the carbs were fine well guess what Previous owner never touched the carbs factory paint on screws was never broken i took the carbs apart and they were horrible see pics...

So as a word of advice unless YOU!! Rebuild carbs in the last few years YOU Need to rebuild the carbs its not hard kits are cheap so please don't put your self though the agony REBUILD YOUR CARBS!!!!!

These Carburetors have never been off this ski before and that means 20 years never rebuilt.

Attachments

• 20150609_214854.jpg
    20150609_214854.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 71
  • 20150609_214436.jpg
    20150609_214436.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20150609_214442.jpg
    20150609_214442.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20150609_214500.jpg
    20150609_214500.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 20150609_214513.jpg
    20150609_214513.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20150609_214859.jpg
    20150609_214859.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
If you have Grey Tempo lines rebuilding the carbs means very little. So even if he had, you would have needed to remove them again to clean then at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep... what he said.

They could have been cleaned, and perfect inside. But bolt them on with the old Tempo hoses... and they will be plugged up again in a couple runs.

For whatever reason, people THINK they will get to the lines later or next year. The reality is, THEY ARE what the root of the issue is. It is just a downfall of the lines used vs the fuels and another issues of todays world. Replace them or be willing to replace the engine...

I think we should start a class action lawsuit against seadoo to have all these Tempo lines replaced. By the time we get our check we should each be able to buy one hose clamp.

Those carbs look nasty. I know it has been a chore to get this far but think of haw much fun you are finally going to have this summer on the ski. Good work.

wow.. those carbs look real dirty.. and i though my carbs were bad .. good luck on the rebuild. post some pics as well so i can see how they turned out..

Yes i did all fuel lines as soon as i bought ski ran good for one season then this year started giving troubles so now the carbs.. hopefully i will be out cutting waves soon

Yea there was about a 1/8 of an inch of room left for gas to get through.... "Idled like a champ" but would not go over 1600 RPM lol

Carbs Were Never taken apart!!! no breaks in the paint around the screws on carbs!!! so 20 years with out a rebuild.

Yea there was about a 1/8 of an inch of room left for gas to get through.... "Idled like a champ" but would not go over 1600 RPM lol

Carbs Were Never taken apart!!! no breaks in the paint around the screws on carbs!!! so 20 years with out a rebuild.

Yeah seadoos for some reason are the worst brand in terms of needing carb rebuilds. I cleaned the carbs on my dads 93 Yamaha a couple years ago. SPOTLESS.

His 85 JS550 standup, the ski is 100% stock, all he has ever done is changed the spark plugs. Thing runs as good now as the day he bought it in 1986. Carbs never touched. He doesn't really do anything out of the ordinary on maintaining them either, I'm usually the one who winterizes them and he never run fuel stabilizer or nothing.

Really the worst thing for a pwc is to sit for long periods of time, I bet your ski sat for years with no use.

Whats funny is those carbs just look like gas sat in them over a long period of time causing that crap in there. Carbs with the bad fuel lines will have a green, dark goo. I know the grey lines are bad but these carbs look like nothing was added to the gas during storage or in the 2 years you were working on it.

Ethanol. Added to gasoline by the Devil, and sold to unsuspecting folks every day.
I bought a brand new snow-blower roughly 4 years ago. I have never put anything other than non-ethanol gasoline in it. Last year, the carb started to leak, and it would not idle worth a damn.
Pulled it apart and found the damage to the gaskets, and ethanol deposits that are typical of a carb, sitting over time with ethanol-gas in it. I don't know which station sold me the non-ethanol, ethanol infused gasoline, but I'd like to get my mitts on the owner and squeeze a little. And I add Sta-bil as an extra precaution to all of my machines that may sit for any period of time.

Yeah, the REAL culprit to far too many marine fuel-related issues is freakin' ethanol. The whole ethanol industry is just stupid beyond belief, subsidized to the hilt by the government, and all quite unnecessary.
Corn is being grown in regions it shouldn't be grown to feed the ethanol industry. Aquifers are being depleted at unheard of rates to supply center-pivot irrigation systems (themselves of model of inefficiency!)
Your breakfast cereal's cost has increased due to the corn being diverted for ethanol production. Your steak is higher priced now for the same reason, as animal feed has become more expensive.

And at the end of the day, alcohol in fuel is just bad, bad, BAD for marine engines. I've seen and heard of more engine failures in the boating world in the past 5 years than I have in the previous 25 years. Phase-separation is common to a certain degree, and in worse cases means your boat engine is suddenly being fed a diet of pure alcohol, and it will kill it in dramatic fashion.

Luckily for me, where I use my boat at mainly, Table Rock Lake in Missouri, has marinas and local gas stations that eschew ANY alcohol in their gas, or have clearly marked pumps that have 'gasahol' for those that want to use it, but also have 100% non-alcohol fuel for boats, PWCs, and small engines used in yard equipment. And thankfully the little tiny town I live in has both alcohol infused fuel as well as non-alcohol gasoline. I pay about 25 centers more per gallon at this station for pure gas, and never blink an eye.

In all honesty, if you ever get the chance to vote against legislation that supports the ethanol industry, you're doing us all a favor. This recent push to force 15% ethanol on us is a crime.

Good job man! The whole nine yards, only thing missing from those was the white powder death.

Looks like the Devil went for a swim in this fuel system carrying a full bladder. And it's never much fun trying to get rid of 250 gallons of that toxic waste.

See guys, even the nastiest of carbs can be rebuilt with a bit of patience. Well, most of them but not all, never say never.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back