1995 Sea Doo xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lakegreenwood

whats up guys! Im new to this forum and jet skis! The other day I bought a 95 sea doo xp not running with a trailer for $300! the guy I bought it from said he ran it fine for years and it started blowing the 5 amp fuse inside the MPEM box. He told me he was told it was the stator. He went as far as taking the cover to the flywheel off and unplugging the stator, nothing else! I bought a new battery and Im ready to get started on this thing. I also picked up a 95 GTX (same motor) with a bad piston. Main reason was for the electrical, which looks the same to me. Where should I begin being a newbie? Does anyone think the electrical is inner changeable or should I only buy new? Any help or steps would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

you got 2- different motors. The gtx has the 657x motor, where the xp has the 717.

On the xp, locate the grey ebox, and open it up. You'll see a yellow square unit. With a good charged battery, and a your mag cover bolted back up, remove the red wire from that yellow unit and install the fuse, if it pops, unpluyg the yellow wires and install fuse, if it pops, then ou got no choice, the mpem is bad, but this guy (Mike) can fix it...

Michael Jackman
20715 cypress vale dr
Cypress tx 77433

He's known as the mpem fixer, been around for years. Unfortuntly i have no contact number for him, but if you wanna email, heres the addy...mikegyverone@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back