1995 gtx seadoo protective hose on hull of propulsion

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fmciii

Just bought a used 1995 gtx seadoo
even though it looks stable and secure , the hose that is attached with the two clamps to the seal carrier spins when I turn the engine on. Is this OK?photo[1].jpg I attached a photo from the manual about what hose I am talking about

Just bought a used 1995 gtx seadoo
even though it looks stable and secure , the hose that is attached with the two clamps to the seal carrier spins when I turn the engine on. Is this OK?View attachment 25099 I attached a photo from the manual about what hose I am talking about

That house shouldn't spin when the engine spins, I would check to ensure the hose clamps are tight, but more importantly does the floating bearing (shown on the right) spin freely on the driveshaft when the hose is removed, or for some reason are the 2 stuck together.

Check it out and let us know!

Thanks,

Chris

chris thx
i will let you know
the clamps are tight and this weekend i am going to see if the spin freely if they do what are u thinking

frank from jersey

sorry for late response
but I took the runner in the water the other day and the section of the hose unstuck and everything seems fine right now. The hose section I know needs to be stable, but I can rotate it. No leaks So any other advice would be awesome
frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back