1995 GTS, Possible water leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDSeadooer

GTS seems to be riding very low in the water. Engine compartment stays dry. What is the best way to find out if there is a water leak in the hull below the inside compartment? If there is, what is the best way to remove it? Thru the engine compartment?
thanks for any and all your help.

If the engine compartment is dry, perhaps your Venturi is angled up, that would raise the nose, and lower the rear.

My son ( 30, 200lbs. ) was driving. just sitting in the water waiting to trailer it. When I got the trailer in the water
I watched as he gave the ski a little gas and the nose seemed to dig into the water and came over the bow, up high enough to flow over the gas cap, so it just seem front heavy at least when first starting up. This has no trim adjustment on this ski,that I know of. And there is no sloshing sound of water under inside compartment or water leaking back out as it sits days after use. maybe I'm wrong and just not use to seeing it at slow speed. I'll have to watch it better next time out. Thanks

Was your son standing up and leaning forward when he gassed it to hit the trailer? This is interesting, I'm 200 lbs myself but I've never been able to push the nose down that far standing and/or leaning forward though giving it gas (hard or slow)....

No as I remember he was was sitting, and it was just a mild bump of the throttle.

Kinda stumped on this, I have a 97 gts and even with myself and my girlfriend on it we haven’t had any issues like that, maybe sit farther back and try it???

I would think trim related, when given throttle you would expect it to plow through water rather than go under like it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back