1994 xp vts issue, weird one,,,,

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

XPARIZONA

94 XP with VTS, so the trim wasnt working, common problem on older ski, ill go down the entire list in order of what i did,,,,
first checked motor, its fine, works good, just not with switch,
so i checked fuse, fuse was good,
then checked switch, switch was good,
so i figured module was burnt out, so...
replaced module with good one, still not working, checked output of module with engine running, and when you hit vts switch up or down it has 12v coming out on the up or down side of the plug,but plugged in it does not function,,its as if it loses its ground when plugged in and its not able to isolate from one side to the other, if i ground one side, the other side works, and if flipped around same thing,,cant figure this one Anyone??

I have seen this exact issue before. It ended up being a two bad Modules. They bought one from eBay and it did the same thing. Bought a third and it was good to go.

It has something to do with the load of the motor once everything is plugged back in. They had 12 volts both on the up and down feeds until they plugged it all back together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen this exact issue before. It ended up being a two bad Modules. They bought one from eBay and it did the same thing. Bought a third and it was good to go.

It has something to do with the load of the motor once everything is plugged back in. They had 12 volts both on the up and down feeds until they plugged it all back together.

im beginning to believe that, im pretty good at diagnostics and electrical, and thats what im thinking,,,

That's odd because we got a 94 XP with trim problems. The modules work fine. We got two. Motor works fine. Up and down when connected to 12v. But when connected in ski... it doesn't work. We gave up actually. We were gonna do the 451m relay fix butttt don't like how it doesn't have travel limiter. Any ideas????

Humor me. I assume the module has a ground. Find it and run a quality ground to the battery or motor block. It is sounding like a circuit is getting over loaded. If so, it could be as simple as a ground.

For that matter, I'd do the main positive wire also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back