1994 XP ignition cables

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyland

Hi Guys, just brand new to this forum, and what a joy to find such a nice forum, where people actually still talks nice to eachother ! that´s rare now a days.

Anyway, here´s my issue :

I have a 94 xp, which has been running like a lightning bolt for almost 10 years, still puts 154 psi on both pto & mag side in compression and no adjustments what so ever. Had it measured via GPS to 48,5 mph which i assume is pretty good for a machine that old ? But now one of my ignition cables has been chewed in by a mouse ( my ski is standing at my brothers farm inside a barn ) so now i´t can´t really start. So i bought some new msd 8,5 mm ignition cables, but here´s my problem, how do i get them in to the ignition coil ? Does the ignition coil come with the wires soldered into them or how do they get in to the ignition coil ? beacuse the local dealer wants aprox. 170 $ for a new ignition coil assembly and i think that´s just insane when the ignition coil is just fine. Anynone can help here ?

The wires probably have some sealant (glue) on them... but they will un-thread from the coil housing. The wire contact is a threaded stud.

One thing... the MSD wires are probably carbon/resistor core wires, and may not work properly.

Yep... they are resistor core. You can see the "Stripped" end of the wire. See that what sticking out is black? You need regular copper wires.

If you already have them... you can give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back