1994 SPX Fuel and oil help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dramsey66208

I have a 1994 seadoo spx 657. It's been sitting a log time. I going to install a new motor and am replacing lots of stuff. I'm wanting to know how to remove the fuel tank and oil tank to clean them out.

Also what size hoses would i replace he lines with? Any information on a fuel filter as well.

Thanks

The fuel tank comes out through the front hatch, two large rubber straps hold it in, the oil tank sits on top of the fuel tank. Since you're going to replace the motor, I would remove the motor first.

Fuel hose size is 1/4", any generic fuel filter will work, I use a Fram G-2 or G12.

Lou

For fuel hoses I would use screw clamps...that hose has dense material so zip tie IMO will not work that well and could allow leaks.
For my 96spx I needed 24ft I believe to replace all fuel lines even vent and the lines going to selector switch.
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?47155-oil-pump-and-adjusting-it&p=224546#post224546

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it matter if i use the clear or the regular black hose? Im having problems finding the clear hose by the foot where i live?

I wanted clear too but can't find that. Don't even they sell it in Canada...the ministry won't pass that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back